Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thor Patcher
eAthena Support Board > eAthena Support > eAthena Downloads > Client Tools
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
Jayzy
Allright... Thanks biggrin.gif
aerosox
i still have no idea how to pack stuff in .thor , do i need to pack the files i want to patch to GPF/GRF then convert to .thor with thor maker ?
Dark_Silence
If you have an existing grf made by the patcher you just make two data folders(one inside the other,it'd be C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data\data as an example) and place it in your RO folder,say if you wanted to change the sclientinfo in all the grfs of your players,just place the sclientinfo file inside of the second data folder. Then run the thormaker program,set it to grf mode and put in the target grf(including the extension,that's how i've done it) the other option left would be...ascii for unbolloxed directories or unicode for korean characters.

Note: you must use the example path if you expect it to go to the right spot

Note2: when browsing directories in the thormaker you select the first data folder,not the one inside
Aeomin
well, it doesnt have to be at RO folder.. anywhere is fine, in next version, you may directly choose data folder
Jayzy
Wow, that would be great! Just announce the version compatible in that kind of matter biggrin.gif
Aeomin
@jayz13,
don't worry, next version is actually major one.
Aeomin
Hello,
finally new version released, codename footprints, i will post changelog here
----------- CodeName : Footprints ------------
o By default, patcher uses a new icon from Elixir's Custom Icon set.
- [http://www.eathena.ws/board/Hexed-Client-With-Custom-Icon-t183338.html]
o Supports thor file in patcher self-update & game client, it helps reduce bandwidth usage (use new config entries) [Long waited feature?]
o Code clean up.
o Now progress bar able to use image. (of course require use new config packer)
o New config entry "BGMLoop".
o Now notice browser will not show if an error is encountered (such 404 page not found...)
o Buttons are now support PNG(YES 24bit alpha!), along with my old old buttons set! [And yes, it's hours of my spare time]
o Added language entry "LangPatchingComplete" as requested.
o Taskbar blinks when patching completed while patcher is inactive.
o Reduced confusion related to Thor Maker, now auto correct directory (No more confusion on which directory should choose...)
o Redesigned Thor Maker's GUI, it should be more user-friendly!
o New option entry "Continue On Connection Fail".
o Tweaked thread, made it better in error detect.
o Patcher now should fully support windows Vista!
o Now patcher able to launch non ".exe" extension client.
---------------------------------------------

Let me know if you encountered any problem!
OnNplay
Wow your Footprints very nice... Thank you for sharing again. ani_no1.gif
VodkaMartini
Yay, I can get along with the newer version of Thor Maker ^^ oh yeah, possibly an .ogg support for them who have low upload bandwidth?
I need explanation about this:
Filenames in directory are...
Ansii / Unicode

which directory? GRF directory or the patch folder pack directory?
Jayzy
Wow, great job! Nice Patcher! I love it! Thanks for sharing it! biggrin.gif Your new updates will help alot of the eAthena users! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Bro, im still having error in using the Acsii. Still it wont show up to my .thor file. After compiling it to my grf using your patcher, the filenames with this kind □□□□□□□□ wont be able to compile with the .thor file... I dont know why... For example....

In my data folder are filesnames likes this
E:\Patch Data\data\texture\□□□□□□□□\bgi_temp.bmp
E:\Patch Data\data\texture\□□□□□□□□\loading00.jpg
E:\Patch Data\data\texture\□□□□□□□□\loading01.jpg
E:\Patch Data\data\bgi_temp.bmp

Then after compiling it to a .thor file(placing it in a grf file), I will place the thor file to my file server... Then include it on the patchers list... Then I will patch now my client... After Patching when I look at my .grf file where I would like my files to be, only this one is inside my GRF file... (E:\Patch Data\data\bgi_temp.bmp) Not including the other 3 files... Please try to test it... biggrin.gif
OnNplay

This kind □□□□□□□□ of character is Unicode
Jayzy
But when i use the unicode the filenames would turn into question marks!
Original names(Not yet in a .thor file)

after patching using the client(in a grf file)
data\texture\????????\bgi_temp.bmp
data\texture\????????\loading00.jpg
data\texture\????????\loading01.jpg
Aeomin
@jayz13,
can you send me a copy of those GRF produced (smaller one, like few files only)?

and thank you all

(and sorry for some missing features..i totally forgot...i will try improve)

[EDIT]
ops, forgot answer VodkaMartini's question.

it's the input directory, or called "the directory you wanted to pack"
Aeomin
[Evil Laughs]

okay okay.. new version released.. it's rather small update..
Jayzy
Alright! Here is the files....

Here is my sample_patch.thor file

Then here is the grf file after patching the sample thor file
Aeomin
@jayz13,

It seems that your data folder is malformed.
there shouldn't be any squares..

maybe try http://www.mediafire.com/?mdy94v9n2eh first?
see if files in that package was fine for you
Lupus
very nice patcher, i'd say
Jayzy
@linglin:
Finally it worked! But im receiving a name like this... E:\Patch Data\data\texture\유저인터페이스\*.*
VodkaMartini
@linglin
thanks for the explanation
i wan't to ask
if my directory is Acsii ? which must i choose? Acsii or Unicode? because I'm having problem with these. thx.
ChronoSphere
Thanks for the new version, i think i might found a bug though.

I tried making a grf patch with the folder structure as in the attached archive
The patcher downloaded the file fine and merged it into the grf. after this, the game refused to start, erroring about not being able to find stuff in the grf. I also noticed that the grf size shrinked after the repack
I tried manually adding the file into the grf with grfbuilder and it worked fine.

I tried making the patch with an old and the new thor_maker.exe, same result, so it must be the patcher exe?
Is someone else experiencing this issue?

I uploaded a .rar with the grf before and after patching with the 08-40-23 patcher exe + the .thor and the folder with the patch files here

@VodkaMartini: if your directory names are in ascii, you select ascii.
VodkaMartini
@ChronoSphere
thx for the explanation.
Jayzy
How can i change my directory names to Ascii?
VodkaMartini
use unbollox ^^ to change it

edit:
Added Indonesian translation for this Patcher. Nice work ^^

CODE
[Language]
//Indonesian Translation by VodkaMartini

getting_info=Mengambil Informasti...

update_patcher=Mengupdate Patcher...

update_client=Mengupdate Client...

repacking=Mengepack Ulang Data...

saving_res=Menyimpan Data...

//*
getting_file=Mengambil File %s.

//*
need_defrag=Data telah terfragmentasi %u%%, mau men-defrag sekarang?

defraging=Proses defragmentasi sedang berlangsung...

confirmation=Menunggu Konfirmasi...

client_locked=Aplikasi Terkunci

failed_to_communicate=Gagal Menghubungi Server

//*
failed_to_get=Gagal Untuk Mengambil %s

update_failed=Update Gagal

connecting=Mencoba Untuk Terhubung...
zephyrus_cr
Someone knows why langtype 0 are limited in clothes paletes?
Aeomin
@jayz13,
now, that's ACSII

@VodkaMartini,
thanks for the translation!

@zephyrus_cr,
ah uh.. asked in wrong topic?

@ChronoSphere,
it seems that the GRF is curropted,
from all my tests is done with let patcher create GRF on it's own,
so which tool you used to create that GRF?
Jayzy
Oh,,, biggrin.gif Then how can i change it to unicode?

EDIT: Oh but when I use the Ascii! The filenames in that directory woud'nt be included! I don't know why... :(
Aeomin
@jayz13,
you don't have to.. if you really want to.. the short answer is "i don't know"
i don't have any tool for that..you could try put in grf then extract using GRF Tool in unicode, that would work.. but it's er.. a task takes more time than it needed (if there's a tool, which i don't know theres any)
Jayzy
Anyway! Thanks! biggrin.gif
ChronoSphere
QUOTE (linglin @ Apr 24 2008, 10:03 PM) *
it seems that the GRF is curropted,
from all my tests is done with let patcher create GRF on it's own,
so which tool you used to create that GRF?
grfbuilder, latest version. Can it have something to do with compression ratio? I set it to insane in grfbuilder.
The thing is, the grf created by the grfbuilder works fine with the client, but if i make a patch, it gets corrupted =/
Which setting does thor patcher use?

Also, is it correct that ro-grf .thors are normal grf with a .thor ending? Cause if yes then i have trouble opening thors with the grf builder (any version).

edit: i found the problem. it has something to do with compression. grfbuilder has many compression rates and everything above "high" setting won't work with thor patcher. Looks like grfbuilder has it's own compression modes that ro clients understand but thor can't handle (it can read them fine, but fails at packing them)

edit2: i tried re-packing the grf @max again and patching it works. so.. i don't know, seems like a rare packing bug in thor patcher to me..

edit3: the "allow to start game if the webhost is down" doesn't really work. My webhost is completely down now and the patcher is stuck at "Getting information". Maybe add a timeout there and declare connection as "failed" on timeout?
Aeomin
@ChronoSphere,

.thor is not grf.
uhm well.. probably i will make a GRF maker next time..

and for that option, it will work when hits fail.. which depends on situation, it may take some time,
i will see about timeout setting though!

& no problem jayz13

[EDIT]

The ChronoSphere metioned may possible be a bug, i will check it out!

[Edit2]
For now, i did not find anything useful related to this issue, i assume it's related to the tool that created GRF.

the tool may or may not put table at end of file, which thor patcher assumes it's at end.

[EDIT3]

from my tests, it seems that really happened, so here comes 2 options for me.. one is make it support table at any place
second is make a grf maker.

so i think if you create a GRF from cratch, it will be fine i think.. if you used tool to edit GRF.. then that may cause problem

[Conclusion]
no, it's not related to compression
Aeomin
New version updated, it should solve problem metioned by ChronoSphere!
VodkaMartini
linglin thx for the fix, i'm waiting for it and is that possible to make 2 version? GRF Maker and a Thor Maker because I like the thor one. Oh yeah for ChronoSphere, you can use gryff.
Aeomin
well, maybe, GRF maker make GRF that will 100% works for patcher(other than this.. it's useless)?

i think any tool that supports 0x200, as long you are create GRF from scratch..

BUT, this latest version should works even the GRF is not created from scratch!
ChronoSphere
@VodkaMartini: grfbuilder never failed for me so far (i was using triadpatcher until i switched to thor), so i don't think i want to switch the grf tool. Besides, linglin seems to have fixed the problem (thanks!)

@linglin: the thing that made me wonder about that issue is that the client itself was reading the grf w/o problems until the patch, so maybe the client is able to find the filetable at any place of the grf.
did i get it right, you added the timeout setting already? W/o the timeout, i waited for about 5 minutes and the patcher was still stuck at "Getting information", that's why i suggested adding a timeout. edit: nvm, looked at the changelog ^^;
VodkaMartini
Little suggestion for this patcher, how about making a system like links button at the top because it's a little bit 'empty' for a patcher possibly at the top-right or left just like the official patcher
lappenclanboss
best patcher ever see!!!

i hope for GRF support or Rar tongue.gif

Thx for your great Work wink.gif

Can you make a Option for Music also a button for music on/off ?
and... at every restart patcher a new music also random musik even restart.

sample:
bgm=BGM/patcher.mp3
bgm2=BGM/patcher2.mp3
bgm3=BGM/patcher3.mp3
bgm4=BGM/patcher4.mp3

u.s.w
Jayzy
QUOTE (VodkaMartini @ Apr 26 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Little suggestion for this patcher, how about making a system like links button at the top because it's a little bit 'empty' for a patcher possibly at the top-right or left just like the official patcher

Its already up to you to design your patcher! You can that by yourself!
Aeomin
@ChronoSphere,
well, the patcher does able to read table data at any place, but i made it assume its at end of file(before fix)
which in the end, any data after table data will be erased.

@VodkaMartinim,
what jayz13 said =p

@lappenclanboss,

thanks.
grf support in patch update file? maybe.. but rar is no.. since both GRF & file mode are supported, rar is redundant.

and for music, okay, sure

[EDIT]

i think the fix still have problem.. *double checking*

[EDIT2]
NVM, i think it's fine
lappenclanboss
mhh i found a problem....

when i make a new palette.thor and upload to FTP...

I start a patcher and he patched....

When finish and i open the grf is the palette folde empty (Open with gryff)
but when i open with (grfbuilder v0.1.29 libgrf v0.1.30 bei MagicalTux)...the files gives in grf but he named so:

i have with unicode packed...

can someone help me?

[EDIT]

QUOTE (linglin @ Apr 26 2008, 04:57 PM) *
@lappenclanboss,
maybe try ACSII?

when i make ASCII then have the palett.thor 6 kb.......(only data/palett Folder)
but when i packed in Unicode then have palett.thor 16 mb....(only data/palett Folder)

mhhh
Aeomin
@lappenclanboss,
maybe try ACSII?
lappenclanboss
@linglin

and now?
can this be fixed?
Jayzy
@linglin:
Thats what im telling you all about! biggrin.gif If I choose ASCII, then the files are not put inside the .thor file! biggrin.gif Im having the same problem as lappenclanboss! biggrin.gif
Aeomin
which means.. heh data folder corrupted..
VodkaMartini
i've the problem to add those buttons, question is how? I don't understand with the conf.
Jayzy
Im just wondering linglin, how can it be corrupted if GRF Factory works when reading those files or repacking the files into grf using GRF Factory? Can you use the repacking system of GRF Factory? Thanks for this one... biggrin.gif
Aeomin
@jayz13,
those filenames is not suppose to be like that.. that's all i know of...
all i did is using standard way to deal with ACSII & UNICODE
and for GRF factory.. those tools i'm not sure of.. some myth i don't know of

@VodkaMartini,

"buttons=" option entry is declare how many buttons you are going to add.
"button1_normal=","button1_hover=","button1_down=" is image resource file..
"button1_left=", "button1_top=" is position
"button1_mode=","button1_action=" is what you want it to do.
the number after "button" is id
so, second button would be "button2_mode=","button2_action=" and such
VodkaMartini
Thx alot gonna try to make it tomorrow ^^
Jayzy
Alright! Great job again anyway biggrin.gif More powers to you linglin tongue.gif
iKKe
Im having a problem with the patcher, i have a custom bg.jpg, on same height/width , but when i set it on the patcher can occur 2 things:

1- Set to autowidth-height: i got the patcher with the image cutted

2- manually set width-height to show all the image: i get a 30 pix white bar on the bottom >.<

Im at work atm, later i can post an screenshot to show.

Im on vista, could be that? (just seen that u made Vista improvements tongue.gif )
lappenclanboss
My patcher as an example ^ ^

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.